F/A-18 Super Hornet
The F/A-18 is a mid-mounted pusher model intended to be flown with tailerons only, but it can easily be equipped with ailerons and rudders. Build it from the plans attached below.
The dimensions of the slots and tabs are made for 6 mm depron.
- Wing span
- 73.5 cm (28.9 inches), 71.9 cm without wingtips (28.3 inches)
- 102.5 cm (40.4 inches)
- CoG location
- 14.6 cm (5.75 inches) forward of the vertical stabilizers
- Propeller slot
- Fits propellers with a maximum diameter of 6 inches
Use the 6mmFlyRC MiG-29 instruction manual. The build steps are mostly the same.
All my plans are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license.
You are free:
- to Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- to Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial. — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike. — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
In plain English this means that
- you are free to download my plans and build airplane models from them
- you may not use my plans for commercial purposes
- if you make any changes to the plans and want to publish or share your version you have to
- attribute me as the original designer with a link to this web site
- release your version under the same or similar license to this one