The F/A-18 is a mid-mounted pusher model intended to be flown with tailerons only, but it can easily be equipped with ailerons and rudders. Build it from the plans attached below, or buy it as a kit, with or without motor and ESC, from 6mmFlyRC. You can also buy it from Grayson Hobby with a power combo set (motor, ESC and propeller).
The dimensions of the slots and tabs are made for 6 mm depron.
- Wing span
- 73.5 cm (28.9 inches), 71.9 cm without wingtips (28.3 inches)
- 102.5 cm (40.4 inches)
- CoG location
- 14.6 cm (5.75 inches) forward of the vertical stabilizers
- Propeller slot
- Fits propellers with a maximum diameter of 6 inches
Follow the instructions provided by 6mmFlyRC for the F-22 Raptor.
- Windy outdoor flying
- Indoor flying
- Pat crashes his beautiful F/A-18
- Pat flies again after repairing his model
- Full PDF
- Tiled A4 PDF
- Tiled letter PDF
- Google Sketchup 3D model
- Google Sketchup print layout
- AutoCAD DXF print layout
All my plans are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license.
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
In plain English this means that
- you are free to download my plans and build airplane models from them
- if you make any changes to the plans and want to publish or share your version you have to
- attribute me as the original designer with a link to this web site
- release your version under the same or similar license to this one
- you may not use my plans for commercial purposes