The F-22 is a mid-mounted pusher model intended to be flown with tailerons only, but it can easily be equipped with ailerons and rudders. Build it from the plans attached below, or buy it as a kit, with or without motor and ESC, from 6mmFlyRC. You can also purchase it from Grayson Hobby with a power combo set (motor, ESC, and propeller).
The dimensions of the slots and tabs are made for 6 mm depron.
- Wing span
- 72.1 cm (28.4 inches)
- 99.9 cm (39.3 in)
- CoG location
- 8.25 cm (3.25 inches) back from the front of the main wing
- Propeller slot
- Fits propellers with a maximum diameter of 6 inches
Jetcaptain has provided a video of the construction steps.
- Video by crxmanpat
- Video by birdofplay
- Video by Bill Bergman
- Indoor flying
- Outdoor flying
- Outdoor flying
- Video by shadegrown with tailerons only
- Low altitude with tailerons only by Shadegrown
- Video by jetcaptain
- Windy day by nac
- Video by Telectroboy
- Video by Tomhe (tailerons only)
- Video by Bruno Angrisano
All my plans are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license.
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
In plain English this means that
- you are free to download my plans and build airplane models from them
- if you make any changes to the plans and want to publish or share your version you have to
- attribute me as the original designer with a link to this web site
- release your version under the same or similar license to this one
- you may not use my plans for commercial purposes